Tingkhong College has created a mechanism for redressal of students’ grievances related to academic and non-academic matters, such as assessment, victimization, attendance, charging of fees, conducting of examinations, harassment by colleague students or teachers etc.
OBJECTIVES OF GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE
The purpose of the grievance redressal committees is to ensure a speedy response to and accountability of all concerned to the students of Tingkhong College.
The objectives of the Grievance Redressal Committee are as under :
- Maintenance of a harmonious relationship between students, teachers and administration.
- Creating an environment in which students can freely express their grievances without fear of discrimination or victimization.
- Counselling students to refrain provoking of their fellow students against faculty and staff of the college.
- Ensuring a speedy action whereby any students lodges a complaint regarding ragging or harassment.
JURISDICTION OF THE COMMITTEE:
The committee shall deal grievances received in writing about any of the following:
- Academic Matters: Issues related to marks, grade cards and other examination related matters, Transfer Certificate etc.
- Financial Matter: Relating to dues and payments.
- Administration Matters: Infrastructure related, food, sanitation, transport or victimization
- Harassment and Ragging.
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE
The Principal of the college shall constitute the Grievance Redressal Committee as follows:
- Chairperson- Principal
- Two Senior faculty members including one lady faculty member – Members
- The concerned faculty mentor – Member
- One administrative staff member – Member
PROCEDURE FOR REDRESSAL OF GRIEVANCE:
An aggrieved student shall first submit his/her complaint in writing to his/her mentor who shall resolve the grievance within two days. In case the mentor is not able to resolve the grievance, he shall forward it to the chairperson of the Committee.
- The Chairperson shall convene a meeting of the committee within 2 days of receiving the complaint from the faculty mentor or the aggrieved student.
- The Chairperson shall convene a meeting of the committee within a week of the receipt of the complaint and action taken report from the mentor.
- If the student is not satisfied with the decision of the redressal offered, he/she can submit an appeal to the committee.
- At all levels a fair hearing shall be given to all parties at all levels/committees.
- The law of natural justice shall be observed and a fair hearing to the complainant and concerned persons shall be given at all levels.