Department of Sociology
B.A .PROGRAMME OUTCOME OF DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
The B.A in Sociology Programme covers the following aspects as Programme Outcomes:
1) Demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives and latest trends in the field of sociology,
2) Use scientific approach to address issues related to problems of teaching, learning and doing research in sociology
3) Apply multidisciplinary approaches to meet various issues and challenges in the field of sociology
4) Apply knowledge skills and theories of sociology to solve the societal problems both in familiar and non familiar context and apply the sociological learning to real life situations.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOME SOCIOLOGY
1) Develop students learning capacity to understand society, clarify and broaden their notion about the subject, the basic concepts used and some universal societal processes. It will aim at providing students a rigorous and challenging way of sociological thinking by developing sound theoretical background in the subject.
2) To enables the students to understand the foundation of sociology
3) To develop capabilities of students to critically evaluate issues and the emerging trends influencing the field of sociology
4) To familiarize students with sociological way of imaging society, develop research interest in the subject and train them in the use of ICT in sociology.