Programme Specific Outcomes:
The programme specific outcomes of the Undergraduate Programme in Economics are listed below. After completing the programme the students should be able to-
- Understand the behavioral patterns of different economic agents, advance theoretical issues and their applications.
- Understand the basic concepts of Microeconomics and Macroeconomics.
- Acquaint with some basic mathematical and statistical methods to be applied in the field of economics.
- Understand the measurement of development with the help of theories along with the conceptual issues of poverty and inequalities with Indian perspectives.
- Learn about the historical developments in the economic thoughts propounded by different schools.
- Learn and review the developmental issues and sector specific policies of Indian economy.
- Contribute to the academic advancement of the subject and society at large, pursue advanced studies in it.
- Create novel approaches/techniques for addressing the unresolved issues in Economics and other relevant disciplines.
- Make predictions and estimations using economic models that address problems from the real word.